SumUp is a digital ecosystem dedicated to local entrepreneurs. Our range of solutions answers all our merchants’ challenges; from reservations, through click and collect, deliveries and digital payment, to the management of their business thanks to intuitive and comprehensive financial analytics.
Within the Global Operations organisation, our mission is to build the best customer experience in the fintech industry by delivering an effortless customer experience to all our merchants. We seek a skilled and passionate Senior Data Scientist to join our talented data team and contribute to the automation and efficiency of our Global Customer Support.
As a Data Scientist at SumUp, you will be responsible for building and optimising ML models and algorithms and measuring the impact of the data products. Your expertise in machine learning, deep learning, and data analysis will be crucial in driving the success of our automation efforts. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineers, analysts and product managers, to translate business requirements into innovative solutions. Your contributions will shape the future of our products and help us stay at the forefront of technological advancements in the field of Customer Support and Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement ML models and algorithms to solve complex business problems, leveraging machine learning, statistics and large language models.
- Contribute to the next generation of Customer Support by increasing efficiency and automation for agents and customers.
- Develop and implement ways to collect, clean and process large amounts of tabular and text data to ensure high-quality input for model development.
- Design and optimise ML models for scalability, efficiency and accuracy.
- Partner with engineering and analytics to build impactful data products.
- Identify business opportunities, and collaborate with stakeholders in tech and support to drive operations automation.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in AI, ML and Data Science to apply them to enhance our ML/AI capabilities.
- Communicate complex technical concepts and insights to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Be part of our company Data Science Chapter and community and mentor junior data scientists.
You’ll be great for this role if:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field. A Master’s or Ph.D. degree is a plus.
- +5 years proven experience working as a Data Scientist – Experience in NLP projects is a plus.
- Experience building and deploying machine learning models and algorithms end-to-end at scale
- Proven experience measuring the impact of Data Products
- Solid experience using Python and its scientific stack (pandas, sklearn, numpy, statsmodels, xgboost, matplotlib, seaborn) and good software engineer practices to ensure a high quality for your code.
- Proven experience working with Cloud Technologies (AWS) and CI pipeline. Snowflake, DBT or Airflow are a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- You have a working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Good communication and visualisation skills to non-technical stakeholders
Why you should join SumUp:
- We’re a truly global team of 3000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 4 continents
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, plus other great benefits
Additional Information ?
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Work office location(s); Berlin or Paris
- Remote working: Yes – need to be based in Location of a SumUp Office
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we’re creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founders mentality and a ‘team-first attitude’ our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.