OANDA is a global leader in online multi-asset trading services, currency data, corporate payments and FX services.
Everyone at OANDA is focused on our vision to transform how our customers can meet all their currency needs. From our roots in 1996 that provided free currency exchange information to launching a multi-award winning global FX and CFD trading business to our recent new venture of money transfer. OANDA is now a major global player.
As the Senior Manager of Data Engineering you will lead our in-house Data Engineering team across Europe and North America, and teams of contractors located in other countries. In this role, you will spearhead the development and maintenance of a robust, scalable, and high-performance data infrastructure for our financial trading platform. The Senior Manager of Data Engineering will be instrumental in shaping our data strategy, ensuring data accuracy, reliability, and availability, and driving innovation in data-related technologies. You will collaborate constantly across Marketing, Finance, Product, Trading, Sales and other technology teams to define the strategic vision for making OANDA a data-driven organization that permeates every decision made across all functions.
1. Data Strategy and Leadership
- Develop and execute a comprehensive data engineering strategy that caters to a globally distributed team of technical and non-technical users, and aligns with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a diverse team of data engineers to champion a culture of data-driven decision making and high-quality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Data Science, Product Development, Finance, Marketing, and Operations to understand their specific needs, develop solutions and drive data-driven decision-making.
2. Data Architecture and Infrastructure
- Design, implement, and manage a scalable and efficient data architecture on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) that supports real-time data processing and analytics.
- Oversee the development of data pipelines, ETL processes, and data warehousing solutions in GCP.
- Ensure data security, compliance, and privacy by implementing best practices and industry standards.
- Design and advocate for data standards that govern how application engineering teams present, validate, share, and consume source data.
- Architect and optimize the data platform to serve various needs, including analytics, management and regulatory reporting, product development, strategic planning, and AI/ML requirements.
3. Master Data Management and Data Quality
- Implement master data management strategies and tools to catalog and maintain a single source of truth for critical data elements.
- Develop and enforce data quality standards, validations, and controls to ensure the accuracy and integrity of our data.
- Monitor and optimize data pipelines and systems to ensure high availability, low latency, and optimal performance.
- Establish data governance processes to maintain data accuracy. Advocate and lead the establishment of data owners and data stewards across other functions.
4. Regulatory Reporting
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure the accurate and timely submission of regulatory reports.
- Implement systems and processes to streamline consistent regulatory reporting requirements across multiple jurisdictions.
- Understand regulatory reporting requirements and implement controls to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
5. Technology Innovation
- Evaluate, select, and implement the latest data engineering technologies and tools in GCP to enhance data processing speed and efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and innovations in data engineering and recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Champion for, and educate users on, how to leverage technology such as GPT, LLMs, and data visualization tools such as Looker and Tableau.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in data engineering and management roles, with a track record of successfully leading and managing globally-distributed teams and vendors.
- Deep expertise in data engineering technologies, with a focus on GCP data warehousing and related tools.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets and trading platforms; specifically, in OTC instruments and derivatives.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
- Strong project management skills with a focus on delivering results for projects that involve extensive cross-department collaboration.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.