Do you find conducting enhanced due diligence on large financial institutions around the globe to be in alignment with your professional aspirations and interests?
We are looking to expand our KYC & Onboarding team for Institutional clients. We have open positions in our HQ in Copenhagen and in our London office. Our HQ team consists of six engaged and detail-oriented professionals and our London office consists of four. Our overall purpose is to ensure that our institutional partners meet the necessary legal and regulatory standards and assess the risk associated with these institutional clients.
As our new KYC & AML Expert, you will be responsible for performing onboarding, ongoing due diligence and enhanced due diligence on financial institutions globally, conduct onsite visits and client meetings, collaborate with the Compliance and Financial Crime department in order to adhere to current regulations.
- Conduct thorough due diligence on institutional clients, verifying their identity, ownership, and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate the risk associated with each institutional partner, considering factors such as their business activities, geographic locations, and counterparties.
- Analyze and review legal and financial documents provided by institutional clients to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Perform ongoing due diligence on institutional clients to monitor for any changes in risk profile or ownership.
- Work closely with the Front Office and potentially directly with clients as required, to obtain all necessary supporting evidence to fulfil KYC due diligence.
- Help to prepare Client Acceptance Committees for High-Risk accounts and participate in the meetings if needed.
- Higher education in finance, business, economics, accounting, or a related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in a financial institution, compliance department, or regulatory agency.
- Working experience with investment funds, complex structures entities, offshore jurisdictions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey findings and interact with clients and internal teams.
- Strong analytical skills to assess the financial stability and risk associated with institutional clients.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant financial regulations and compliance requirements, including anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) regulations
- Relevant certifications such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or ICA certificate (will be considered an advantage).
We aspire to be a non-hierarchical, purpose-driven organisation. At Saxo, it is not about entitlement; it is about impact – no matter where you sit in the organisation. A good idea is always taken seriously and you can truly make a difference.
When you work here, you become a Saxonian. Obviously you will get an attractive compensation package. But we also invest in your personal development and offer you large responsibility from day one. We encourage an open feedback culture and a supportive team environment. If you show a collaborative spirit, drive and passion, your learning curve will be steep and your (international) career opportunities with Saxo immense.
At Saxo we don’t just offer a job – we offer an opportunity to invest in your future!